Electricity distribution network service providers face growing pressure from regulators and customers to control rising costs while meeting safety requirements. Efficient, low cost networks with high reliability are expected. The integration of new technologies, including renewable energy, storage, smart metering and digital systems is on the rise. There is an increasing knowledge and skills gap due to aging and retiring work force with a shortage of skilled replacement personnel. All this on a backdrop of an aging networks asset base and related increase in maintenance and repair costs.
To enable distribution network service providers to meet these significant challenges, Nova Systems draws upon its strong heritage in High Reliability Organisations (HROs), within aerospace and defence industries, to bring a unique holistic view on the way to best execute complex capital and technology integration projects, while achieving operational resilience to meet productivity and safety requirements.
Our people combine systems engineering skills with operational experience in some of the world’s highest risk operating environments, including working on aircraft carrier flight decks, in military battle zones and as air traffic controllers. Through this combination of skills and experience, we have enabled distribution network service providers to achieve outstanding improvements in high voltage switching safety performance, while balancing productivity requirements.
Our services include:
- Systems Assurance, including technology assessments and testing and evaluation
- Operational Safety including high voltage switching safety improvement, safety-critical communication improvement
- Systems Safety and Safety in Design engineering
- Independent project engineering risk advisory
- Systems integration of operationally critical and complex systems
- Asset management frameworks
- Engineering management system development
- Project portfolio planning and delivery
- Specialist telecommunications engineering services
- Aerial services (including unmanned aerial vehicles) feasibility studies, trials, and operations management