With constantly growing populations the global transport market is under increasing pressure to reduce congestion and improve the safety and efficiency of the transportation of passengers and cargo across land, through the air and over water.
Governments, investors, transport manufacturers, operators and maintainers are constantly searching for innovative ways to improve the cost efficiencies of supporting, improving and expanding sustainable transport infrastructure.
The need to reduce costs, improve safety, ease of use and efficiency of transportation systems drives the demand for improved automation, communication and interoperability between vehicles and infrastructure, which in turn, leads to the introduction of innovative and disruptive technologies into, what already are, complex operating environments.
By drawing upon its extensive experience of supporting Australia’s most technically advanced and challenging acquisition and development programs, Nova Systems is ideally placed to provide innovative solutions for the complex challenges the transport sector will inevitably face as it advances towards fully connected, intelligent transportation systems (C-ITS) that interface with increasingly complex and autonomous modes of transportation.
The services Nova Systems have provided to the transport industry so far include:
- AEO Accreditation Management and Support
- Safety Assurance
- System Safety / Safety Assurance Plan
- Hazard Capture and Management (HAZLOGs and Risk Registers)
- So Far As Is Reasonably Practicable (SFAIRP) Risk Management
- Safety Reporting
- Systems Engineering
- Needs (Concepts, Requirements Capture)
- Requirements Determination and Management
- Change and Integration Management
- Verification and Validation (V&V) Methodology
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM)
- Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Reliability and Safety Critical Items Lists
- Obsolescence Management
- Human Factors Integration
- Human Machine Interface & Controller (HMI/HMC)"
- Capacity and Complexity Management
- Training Needs Analysis
- Competency Management
- Interoperability and Maintainability
- Operational Readiness
- Training and Competencies
- Technical Readiness
- Technical Publications
- Asset Management
- Big Data Analysis
- Configuration Management
- Life Cycle Costing
- Spares Management
- Codification & Cataloguing