NOVA GROUP’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Mar 20, 2020
COVID-19 has been declared as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation and Nova Group has taken considered actions to protect our people from the evolving global situation of the spread of COVID-19. As a people-based business, the health and well being of our people, their families, our clients and our community is Nova Group’s first priority.
Across our offices globally, Nova Group has adopted official government alerts and guidance regarding travel, self- isolation and business continuity practices and taken additional steps to minimise the potential impact.
Within Australia and New Zealand specifically, our response is ahead of the national Government guidance, and has been implemented to ensure our business remains at the forefront of this complex situation. As an Australian sovereign company Nova’s commitment to sustaining business operations is key to the resilience of our client network and employment community.
Nova Group has implemented additional measures in alignment with Government guidance include:
- Suspension of all travel to China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, Northern Italy and South Korea
- Suspension of Nova domestic travel between office locations
- Immediate isolation of staff exposed to suspected close contact
- Mandatory 14-day self-isolation for any staff returning home from abroad
- Reduced staffing of Nova offices for essential services, or staffed on a controlled roster basis, enabling in-office social distancing
- Implementation of Work-From-Home measures
- Suspension of employer-initiated social or non-work-related gatherings in affected locations or region
- Limitation of Nova face-to-face meetings at Nova sites to <6 persons
- Nova site visitor screening and control measures
Nova Systems Manage Airspace Integration Trials
Mar 19, 2020
Nova Systems have recently partnered with New Zealand’s Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment to manage a programme of Airspace Integration Trials to enable the safe development, testing and market validation of advanced Unmanned Aircraft (UA) within New Zealand.
The programme builds on the potential for innovation under New Zealand’s current Civil Aviation Rules. It will provide the mechanism for Government to work with leading, innovative domestic and international industry partners to test and demonstrate UA for a range of purposes including passenger transport, cargo delivery, agricultural services, and hazard management and monitoring services.
Further information can on the Airspace Integration Trials can be found here.
Nova Systems supporting the School To Seas Program
Mar 11, 2020
Nova Systems are proud to work with the New Zealand Navy to help young women get hands-on experience with robotics during the ‘School To Seas’ Programme.
This exciting initiative gives 32 students from around New Zealand the opportunity spend a week aboard a Royal New Zealand Navy ship exploring careers in STEM and the marine industry.
As part of our commitment to creating a culture of diversity, inclusion and equality Nova Systems are delighted to sponsor this excellent tech and operations camp. “School to Seas” will give 32 young women the chance to see the many pathways available to them in STEM and the marine industry.
Students in Year 13, with an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics applied to join the camp. The participants will:
- Learn the basics of work and life onboard a ship
- Get hands-on experience with machinery, robotics and electronics
- Grow confidence in maths and science subjects at school and learn how to apply this knowledge in a real career
- Plan and execute a real navigation exercise
- Develop leadership and resilience skills during specialist workshops
- Mix and mingle with fantastic servicewomen and men
- Ask questions, hear stories, make like-minded friends!
To find out more visit www.schooltoseas.co.nz or follow #NZNavy – See where a future in STEM could take you!
International Women's Day 2020 #EachforEqual
Mar 6, 2020
An equal world is an enabled world. This year for International Women’s Day Nova renewed its commitment to creating a culture of diversity, inclusion and equality, and in so doing, deliver on its promise of being a people-focused employer and a great place to work.
Nova believes in empowering our people to succeed and our team are actively encouraged and supported to develop to their full potential. Across the country today we celebrated #IWD2020 by attending a number of dedicated events and celebrations. Fantastic to see such diverse representation across the Business community across all the events.
As a people-focused employer – Nova Group is dedicated to creating a culture of diversity, inclusion and equality. We believe that diversity and inclusion is a fundamental part of providing a great place to work and are committed to the belief that an equal world is an enabled world!